BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning trip with my wife from our home in Torrance CA to Yellowstone NP this September. We plan to spend time in Jaskson, WY, and also visit Tetons NP, Mt. Rushmore and maybe Glacier NP with time permitting. This will be our first big ride on my 07 KGT. I've worked out some different routes but would like to hear from anyone whose ridden up there and has any suggestions.

Thanks.

Clay.

"People helping people. Its powerful stuff."
-------------Jeremy Grey.

07 KGT, Crystal Grey
02 Honda VFR800

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hi K-Clay,

I did this run from the Tetons to Logan, UT, a couple of years ago in a turbo Miata convertible. Awesome scenery and wonderful folks along the way. Here it is coming from your home direction...

Try Logan, Utah, to 89 thru Montpelier, Idaho > 39 to Soda Springs, ID > 34 to Wayan, ID > Freedom, ID-WY, 89 to Alpine Junction WY > 26 to Swan Valley, ID > 31 to Victor, ID > 33 & 22 to Wilson, WY > 390 to Moose, WY.

Have fun and bring plenty of pic storage!

JS

·
Registered
78 Posts
I would like to join you on this ride (if I can take the time off that you are planning, I know I can do a week), as I live next door to you, I'm in Redondo Beach.

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
just came back from Yellowston,mt,etc. check the roads at glacier park,also the east exit from Yellowstone up to two hr wait.all in all we had a great ride hope you do to.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JS,

Thanks for the route info. There are a few roads there that I hadn't considered but will incorporate into the trip now. I like the idea of hitting the small towns like Soda Springs. A lot of this trip is about getting back in touch with small town America. I'll definately post the pics when I return (and figure out how to post pics here...hehe). Thanks!

Clay.

PS...Great quote.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Eljeffe,

Thanks for the links! That lodge looks amazing. I know the wife will appreciate that after a few long days of riding. The trick will be getting her to leave.

Clay.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wolf,

Thanks for the tip. I think I'll miss the peak summer crowds so hopefully I won't have to wait 2 hours. Thats LA insane.

Clay.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Checkout hiway 212 (The BearTooth Hiway) that goes from Yellowstone to Red Lodge MT and also check out the Buffalo Bill museum in Cody WY. Dave

·
Registered
6 Posts
I rode through Yellowstone last summer, from my home in the Sacramento area. I rode to Carson, WA, and along the Columbia River, and up to Randle. From there I took Highway 12 through Idaho to I-90 in Missoula and slabbed it to Butte. The ride from Carson to Missoula was memorable and I'd highly recommend it.

If you were to head over to the east side of Yellowstone, around Cody as dbw suggested, there's also some great riding to do in and around the Bighorn Mountains. Highway 14 between Grey Bull & Ranchester is also a treat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts