BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

Yes it can be done! 170 tire on 85 K100

14K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Wrecklissk100 
#1 ·
Installed a 99 K1200RS wheel with a 170 tire on my 85 K100. I have been wondering for months if it would work and sure enough a perfect fit. My goal was to put a 180 tire on this rim but there is not enough clearance with the swing arm. But the 170 looks great and rides real nice. I had to remove my center stand and use the slightly shorter K1200 lug nuts.
It's that simple folks, and now I have an awesome fat rear tire on my naked k bike! Cheers

#4 ·
jamesc08 said:
Installed a 99 K1200RS wheel with a 170 tire on my 85 K100. I have been wondering for months if it would work and sure enough a perfect fit. My goal was to put a 180 tire on this rim but there is not enough clearance with the swing arm. But the 170 looks great and rides real nice. I had to remove my center stand and use the slightly shorter K1200 lug nuts.
It's that simple folks, and now I have an awesome fat rear tire on my naked k bike! Cheers
You could try using the shim plate that are used on the "K"s but you would have to go with longer lug bolts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.