BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw one of these on a BMW E34 board I frequent thought it might be fun to start one here. Not sure if it has been done yet, I couldn't find a previous post so I'll kick it off.

You know you're a older K bike owner when

you know what Honda Moly 60 is and have some on your shelf...

you have mastered the fine art of rapping the speedo while riding to bring it back to life...

you have used the adjective indestructible to describe the engine...

Cheers.

·
Registered
86 Posts
when your choice of tyres is very easy to remember

when your diary has an entry for 'spline lube'

when you know that 'Fluidbloc' is nothing to do with kidney stones

when you know what fluids are likely to come out of your weep hole :yeow:

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
when you've heard 5 dealer's say "We've never seen that before."

conversely, "They all do that."

"Box of Rocks" anyone?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hmmm....well you know you've MET an older K bike owner when you ask him why it's up for sale, and he says "It's gettin' too heavy for me!" :eek:ldster:
Steve
1990 K75RT

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
............when you don`t really remember your first ride on a K-Bike in 85. :ricky :bmw:

·
Registered
305 Posts
I can't remember the number of times I've explained, "no, the pistons don't stick out like the old models, the head is on the left and the crank on the right"

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you may at one point or another have heard, "I like how you stuck BMW badges on your motorcycle... Oh i didn't know BMW made motorcycles" :loser:

·
Registered
24 Posts
"You know you're a older K bike owner when... " You get tired of saying they all do that (smoke when you start it) if you park them on the side stand!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Chaos, that's one way to get around the looks and the stupid remarks about it! Why BMW didn't put the head on the up hill side while parked is beyond me?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts