BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I was hoping someone might be able to help with a wiring question I have concerning my accident damaged K1200s 2006. The bike was purchased damaged on its left side which I have since successfully repaired but I am left with a short section of loom with two wires and no plug (see photo). I've traced the two wires back to the ZFE and hoped that someone with a wiring diagram might be able to advise me where they go.

• Blue/Green wire which goes to pin 37 (top ZFE plug).
  • Blue/Brown wire which goes to pin 38 (top ZFE plug).

Thanks in advance for your help.

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Bumper

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's for the air temperature sensor. I think it's for the atmosferic air temperature. The sensor looks pointy.
Thank you for your reply. With your useful information, I have found that some K12/13s were fitted with an air temperature sensor, but not all models. On my bike, the Combi displays 'TEMP - - - -' when I scoll through on the OBC button so I presume my bike is fitted with this feature. However, I have searched all over the front of the bike and cannot find the 'pointy' looking sensor anywhere. Can anyone advise me where it is located please.

· Registered
330 Posts
On the KGT models, it is located on the right hand side, in the space where the radiator is, in the wheel opening.

· Premium Member
2015 K1300S Motosport Edition
345 Posts
This is offered only for information and has little practical value.
Within the BMW Repair Manual> K1300S>General Views/Templates>Wiring Harness>Functional Views and Overviews>Wiring Harness-View (Left or Right)
There is a pictorial view of the wiring harness installed on a naked cycle. It is of very little practical value, but may allow you to cross check some of the wire routing. Unfortunately the brains at BMW did not offer the capability to enlarge any part of the picture. The ambient air sensor appears, but you have to know where to look and what you are looking for. No mounting information is shown.

· Premium Member
345 Posts
I have seen probes listed on ebay. Just make sure you get the ambient sensor not the intake sensor. Do you have cut wires where the socket for the sensor would be connected?

· Premium Member
two K1300S bikes, S1000R & Vespa 150 Primavera clown paint job
1,553 Posts
Looking at the wires, is the temperature probe and the wire connector still in place in the faring? Looks like it just got yanked out. That would be a good break for you.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks WPV. As you mention, Ebay currently have a wide range of ambient temperature sensors for sale. However, most are for BMW/MINIs cars, which, although will probably work, have no bayonet fixing to attach them to the inside fairing clip. In the meantime I have purchased the correct electrical plug in anticipation for when a suitable sensor becomes available.

· Premium Member
345 Posts
ebay>motors>motorcycle parts> search: "BMW K1300S ambient air sensor"> one listed. $7.00
eBay item number:275523162835
Check to see if this is what you need.

· Premium Member
two K1300S bikes, S1000R & Vespa 150 Primavera clown paint job
1,553 Posts
Actually I was wrong, it is mounted on the air guide for the radiator on the right side but very close to that right panel.
Automotive tire Bumper Fender Rim Motor vehicle

1 - 14 of 14 Posts