BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I was hoping someone might be able to help with a wiring question I have concerning my accident damaged K1200s 2006. The bike was purchased damaged on its left side which I have since successfully repaired but I am left with a short section of loom with two wires and no plug (see photo). I've traced the two wires back to the ZFE and hoped that someone with a wiring diagram might be able to advise me where they go.

• Blue/Green wire which goes to pin 37 (top ZFE plug).
  • Blue/Brown wire which goes to pin 38 (top ZFE plug).

Thanks in advance for your help.

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Bumper

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's for the air temperature sensor. I think it's for the atmosferic air temperature. The sensor looks pointy.
Thank you for your reply. With your useful information, I have found that some K12/13s were fitted with an air temperature sensor, but not all models. On my bike, the Combi displays 'TEMP - - - -' when I scoll through on the OBC button so I presume my bike is fitted with this feature. However, I have searched all over the front of the bike and cannot find the 'pointy' looking sensor anywhere. Can anyone advise me where it is located please.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks WPV. As you mention, Ebay currently have a wide range of ambient temperature sensors for sale. However, most are for BMW/MINIs cars, which, although will probably work, have no bayonet fixing to attach them to the inside fairing clip. In the meantime I have purchased the correct electrical plug in anticipation for when a suitable sensor becomes available.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts