BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have 03 K1200GT 34,000 miles Looking for a better sounding exhaust. Thinking about the ZTechnik with chip from Pirates Lair. Anyone else have this setup on their bike. I'm allso running a K&N filter. If not the ZTechnik, leaning towards the TwoBrother's set up. Just hate to pay 400.00 for the Rhinewest chip. to go with the TwoBrothers. Thanks

·
Registered
258 Posts
Exhaust

Buy the Staintune and you dont need a chip - great performance, great sound, no repacking and great looks.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I've said this before. The Ztech chip works AWESOME with the Two Bros exhaust.

I had a rough idle and blew some smoke with the Two Bros and no Ztech chip. They say the Ztech chip corrects the air/fuel mixture caused by the lack of backpressure in the exhaust. I believe it. Bike runs mint.

I wouldn't be surprised if Two Bros makes the Ztech exhaust. I also know one person with the Staintune and Ztech chip setup. He's happy.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Ztechnik exhaust

I had the Ztechnik exhaust, manifold and chip installed on my '03 K1200GT. It sounded significantly better with some improvements in performance. It is significantly lighter than the stock set up. Once the new BMW ECU update came out, I had the Ztechnik chip removed and the new ECU installed. Same great performance and superior sound. It seemed to rev faster between shifts but that could just be my imagination. The Ztechnik instructions recommend re-packing the muffler every 6000 miles. I haven't found any reason to re-pack after 7000 miles. I'll keep using it as is until there is more indication to re-pack it. I am very satisfied with the Ztechnik. The sound is louder than the stock muffler but not too loud to be embarrassing.

Richard
Roanoke, VA

·
Registered
332 Posts
I have it in my '02 and it is fantastic. The whole system weighs only 12 pounds, sounds great and makes the bike run superbly with the matching chip. I love it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Z Technic Chip and Exhaust

I have this set-up on my '04 GT and love it. It is a louder, throatier sound (but not a real deep sound), but as stated previously, not enough to be embarrassing. I'm at 6k miles on the exhaust and haven't repacked it yet. Can anyone give some advice on what to look for that indicates it is time to do so?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Two Brothers Exhaust with a ZTechnik Performance Chip

jack69boots said:
I've said this before. The Ztech chip works AWESOME with the Two Bros exhaust.

I had a rough idle and blew some smoke with the Two Bros and no Ztech chip. They say the Ztech chip corrects the air/fuel mixture caused by the lack of backpressure in the exhaust. I believe it. Bike runs mint.

I wouldn't be surprised if Two Bros makes the Ztech exhaust. I also know one person with the Staintune and Ztech chip setup. He's happy.

I just installed a Two Brothers Exhaust and a ZTechnik Performance Chip and works great! I had the header "jet hot" coated, satin black. It looks awesome and the muffler can was a perfect fit over the header.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts