BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mulewife just received her new ZUMO 550 as a "gift" ;) from BMW for purchasing her K12GT and the best I can determine is that the internal memory is 1.2G. The maps consume 1.0G and that leaves .2G for everything else.

Are all North American maps loaded on the GPS, unlike my 276C where you have to manually load the maps?

To the question - it appears the GPS can accept a normal SD card, is this correct? or do I have to buy a "Garmin" SD card, much like I had to buy Garmin memory for my 276C?

It also states it came with a three month subscription to traffic updates. Do we have to do anything special to activate this?

I did a search and couldn't come up with some of the answers.

Sorry guys.

·
Addict-oholic
1,416 Posts
Having a cousin ( the NUVI), I use a generic sd card to store my mp3 and other stuff. I imagine if you read your manual, it probably says the same. In fact, all brands of sd cards should work OK. Also, all the American maps are installed on the GPS. As for the 3 month sub to traffic, I don't know what the answer is.

·
Registered
246 Posts
You can use a standard SD card. I have one of 2GB size. There are reports of people using the latest SD cards with 16 GB! You do have a limit of 1000 MP3 songs. More than that will not be seen / displayed by the Zumo.

For the traffic service you will need a traffic receiver, like for instance the Garmin GTM-12.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts