BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if xm is A2DP output too?If so, that would be awesome.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Last I saw the XM was limited to the hardwire on the 550. I don't think they changed anything... The biggest advantage of the XM on the 665 over the 550 is the weather detail that is available to you. Last version I saw on the 550 didn't bring you the weather radar. That addition on the 665 makes it VERY useful for even around the state treks.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Xm through a2dp with a release date of 4/30

·
Registered
68 Posts
A2DP? What is this?

I'm looking at the Zume 550 and 665 as well. XM with the 550 requires a wire as I understand it and I thought the 665 did too. Is this release at the end of April a new version of the 665?
One other question.....the BMW Nav4 is supposedly based on the 665.....does it too have the xm radio and weather ability?
Thaks,
Dave

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No more Wirevo stereo dongle(needed for the zumo 550 for stereo music and xm over bluetooth).

A2DP----Meaning the bluetooth is stereo output on the zumo 665, no more extra dongle, and stereo xm,mp3 music through bluetooth!

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts
dbw said:
I'm looking at the Zume 550 and 665 as well. XM with the 550 requires a wire as I understand it and I thought the 665 did too. Is this release at the end of April a new version of the 665?
One other question.....the BMW Nav4 is supposedly based on the 665.....does it too have the xm radio and weather ability?
Thaks,
Dave
No XM. It's more likely the Zumo 660 instead. Both the 660 and 665 have weather. I don't have the NavIV manuel here, but I'm pretty sure it had the weather capability, you just need to purchase the antenna for it.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Buying A BMW GPS is the same as voluntarily paying extra taxes to UNCLE SAM.

·
Registered
452 Posts
The 660 has stereo over bluetooth. I don't see why it couldn't accomodate the XM radio puck but it doesn't.

660 has been pretty good in the last month I've owned it. Finding a great bluetooth headset is the challenge.

Best,

Gravity

·
Registered
311 Posts
Gravity said:
The 660 has stereo over bluetooth. I don't see why it couldn't accomodate the XM radio puck but it doesn't.

660 has been pretty good in the last month I've owned it. Finding a great bluetooth headset is the challenge.

Best,

Gravity
If you don't mind going to a new helmet I would recommend the Nolan N-103 with the Basic Kit 2 and the BT Kit 2. It gets a little pricey, between $600-$700, but the system works well and allows you to add an additional device directly to the helmet such as an FRS, Radar Detector or MP3 player.....

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
On a different note, I love the chatterbox xbi. It has stereo output, and allows streaming of audio to the passenger at the touch of a button. That way both have access to xm radio, gps commands, etc without the hassle of extra bluetooth dongles. I also rigged it to have 12+ hrs of battery life, by upgrading the battery.

I am looking forward to the zumo 665, since I can eliminate the wirevo.

·
Registered
7 Posts
zumo 665

I am looking at the 665 to pick up the XM capability. I have a cardo scala g4 headset that is stereo. Am I understanding correctly that the 665 will link the xm to my headset via Bluetooth in stereo ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts