BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the Zumo and the volume was so low i couldn't hear the Navigation or XM Radio. I noticed when i pressed the volume it would say 50% and the Volume in the control panel says 100%. So i did a factory reset and got a little better. I put the unit in my car and at 50% Volume i couldn't hear the navigation.

Today, I talked to Garmin and the Tech said that it sounds like a bad unit. Garmin is the bomb and processed a return. Overnighting me a new unit. i dindn't even purchase the unit from them.

My question is: Are you having any problems hearing the XM Radio or Navigation Controls. I am using an AutoComm Super Pro Avi. This should be plenty loud enough. I thought i had a bad cable but the car test is what lead me to believe the unit was bad. At 50% Volume you should be able to hear the navigation fine. My 2610 couldn't even be turned up halfway.

So what is others experience. I hope the new unit will solve the problem. Otherwise, I need a GPS /XM For death people or a suggestion.

Retroboy

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
Same Auto-Com Pro AVI unit here as well. No problems with XM, Mp3, or Navigation unit. I'm using in-ear phones. You?

You didn't say whether you set the Individual Devices volume control (what was at 100%?), or the Master Volume control either.

As to the car unit, I only used it a few times and it was fine although it was turned up maybe more than when used on the bike. However, the quality of the Zumo car-mount speaker is pretty poor. Depends on how noisy your car is also. It may be better on the bike.

·
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Both were turned up 100%

Both items are at maxium output. On the bike, I had the Zumo and the Super Pro Avi at 100%. In the car the Zumo was at 100%. Based on your post, It appears that the unit is faulty.

I will saw Garmin stepped up to the Plate.

Retroboy

·
Registered
969 Posts
GMack said:
Same Auto-Com Pro AVI unit here as well. No problems with XM, Mp3, or Navigation unit. I'm using in-ear phones. You?

You didn't say whether you set the Individual Devices volume control (what was at 100%?), or the Master Volume control either.

As to the car unit, I only used it a few times and it was fine although it was turned up maybe more than when used on the bike. However, the quality of the Zumo car-mount speaker is pretty poor. Depends on how noisy your car is also. It may be better on the bike.
If you have a cassette player in your car, you can buy a cassette adapter that goes in your cassette player and has an audio wire that plugs into your Zumo cradle so you can hear xm radio and zumo nav over your car stereo.
My cassette came with a previious Delphi sat radio I purchased. I believe these cassette adapters can be purchased for about $5, probably from Radio Shack. It looks like this http://meritline.stores.yahoo.net/generic-cassette-adapter-adaptor.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts