BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone out there run your bluetooth phone through the ZUMO bluetooth into your Autocom unit? I heard from one individual that there is a problem with the existing interface cables (connecting the ZUMO to the Autocom) that causes problems for the phone usage.

I previously had a 2610 unit connected up with everything hard wired and it all worked. I did not think ZI would have to change the interface cable as it connects up correctly to the ZUMO Craddle. Have not got a chance to try everything out yet.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Your Welcome.

It is a new forum, but so is the Zumo.

I will need help trying to convert my 8-tracks to MP3 files. :rotf:

·
Registered
969 Posts
I talked with an Autocom rep at the DC Intl Motorcycle Show yesterday. He said the new cable for better Zumo-cell-Autocom sound should be here in 3-4 weeks. My Zumo and cell work fine in the car via Bluetooth. I have not tried it on the bike yet. I bought a regular cable from Radio Shack to connect Zumo to Autocom and there was some reduction in sound quality. The rep said the new cable will take care of that problem.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
allikanbe1 said:
I talked with an Autocom rep at the DC Intl Motorcycle Show yesterday. He said the new cable for better Zumo-cell-Autocom sound should be here in 3-4 weeks. My Zumo and cell work fine in the car via Bluetooth. I have not tried it on the bike yet. I bought a regular cable from Radio Shack to connect Zumo to Autocom and there was some reduction in sound quality. The rep said the new cable will take care of that problem.
Yes, I can confirm that a special cable is needed. got a reply back from Autocom to the same effect. It is needed to be able to use the mic in the lid to talk on the phone - (had not thought of that issue). Asked autocom to advise when cable is available.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Phone sound is way too soft

I have that special cable to connect the ZUMO with the Autocom, but the sound is so freaking soft is it unbelievable soft! The mic works just fine - the other side can hear me cristal clear - but i just can't get the volume ok. :banghead:

You guys have any tips??

Ronald.

Zumo 550, Blackberry phone, Autocom Super Pro Avi

·
Registered
969 Posts
rbreggen said:
I have that special cable to connect the ZUMO with the Autocom, but the sound is so freaking soft is it unbelievable soft! The mic works just fine - the other side can hear me cristal clear - but i just can't get the volume ok. :banghead:

You guys have any tips??

Ronald.

Zumo 550, Blackberry phone, Autocom Super Pro Avi
It's been such a long time since this thread started that a review on what is connected to what would be helpful.
I have a zumo with internal mp3 and xm radio, autocom, cell phone, and radar and sound is great to passenger and back and with all music and zumo. The only glitch is the cell phone is not bluetoothed so I have it hardwired.
I have to keep the volume turned half way down because it is too loud even at 70mph. My guess is that one of your volumes is turned donn either on the zumo (there are 2 places) or on the autocom ( i think the high/low is opposite what is normal). I never did order that cable.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a K1200S 07 model with an Autocom 200 duo & Garmin Zumo 550. All works well i.e. intercom with passenger, MP3, Nav guidance etc. I have connected a Sony Ericsson K800i (and others) via bluetooth to the Zumo - so far so good. Only problem is that on incoming calls the volume is so low I have to stop to just make out what is being said & the recipient only hears garballed mush from the outgoing call i.e via the helmet mike. Anyone got any ideas?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts