BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my K1200GT a few weeks back the dealership gave me material on a program that they started participating in within the last year or so. The Zurich warranties. There is an extended Vehicle Service Contract which looks like the usual. They also offer a Road Hazard Tire and Wheel contract. For example, if you buy their coverage for 48 months for $295 they will replace a tire which is damaged due to road hazard (nails, potholes, etc.) as long as the tire has at least 3/32 inch of tread left. The wheel coverage is for a tire unable to seal against the wheel due to damage to the wheel.

Anybody purchase this? Need it? You think it is worth it?

·
Enthusiast
93 Posts
I purchased both, the Zurich extended warranty and the road hazard for tires and wheels. After talking to the dealership manager and her telling me of a customer who had to use the road hazard on 2 separate occasions, for both wheel and tires at no cost what-so-ever, I was sold.

Seems to me with the actual out of pocket cost of replacement, just using the warranty once would more than pay for itself. I had to replace both wheels a long time ago on a 750 Katana after hitting a 4x4 on the interstate.......trust me, wheels are expensive!

·
Registered
650 Posts
DrD said:
When I bought my K1200GT a few weeks back the dealership gave me material on a program that they started participating in within the last year or so. The Zurich warranties. There is an extended Vehicle Service Contract which looks like the usual. They also offer a Road Hazard Tire and Wheel contract. For example, if you buy their coverage for 48 months for $295 they will replace a tire which is damaged due to road hazard (nails, potholes, etc.) as long as the tire has at least 3/32 inch of tread left. The wheel coverage is for a tire unable to seal against the wheel due to damage to the wheel.

Anybody purchase this? Need it? You think it is worth it?
The company that I work for here in Australia distrubutes a product called "Tyre & Rim" through car and motorcycle dealers.

Same deal, pick up a nail or damage the tyre or rim and the insurance replaces them.

Most rim damage is caused in accidents that would be covered by your normal insurance but this is good peace of mind.

http://www.swanninsurance.com.au/products/tyre_and_rim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts